Monday, November 16, 2009

Quiz....I'll join in with the crowd.

1. How long have you been banded? 24 weeks & 3 days (May 28th, 2009)
2. What was your highest pre-band weight? / Current weight now? / Total lost to date? 305/238/67
3. What is your best "go-to" food to get in your protein? string cheese, tuna fish & eggs (not all together :))
4. What is your favorite protein brand/shake?  Since my doc is a big proponent of these, I do abide and drink at least one a day.  My fave so far is the Muscle Milk Light premixed shake in Chocolate Milk.  160 calories and 20 grams of protein (only 1 or 2 grams of sugar)
5. What food do you miss the most now being post-band? Pizza and hamburgers...especially with the bun.
6. What is your favorite "mushy" food? Chili or mashed potatoes
7. What was your worst PB experience? Ugh....walking back to our hotel from a restaurant in San Antonio.  PB'd all over myself on the street!  AWFUL!  Remember to chew your chicken strips before swallowing!
8. What has been the hardest part of this journey so far for you?  Like Angie, it's been learning to be patient with the slower weight loss and changing my mind set about the types of food I'm eating (still a struggle on some days). 
9. What is your best NSV to date?  Going down 3 sizes so far!
10. What is your top non-weight goal for your band? (top NSV maybe?) To be comfortable in whatever I'm wearing...especially a bathing suit.  I don't want to think about what my back or stomach may be looking like, etc.
11. What is your goal weight or size?  Ultimate goal weight would be 150-155 pounds, but right now my goal is 175 pounds.
12. What band "rule" do you live by (i.e. don't cheat on)?  Drinking alcohol.  It's not really a "rule" per se, but it's one that I've given myself.  I've had alcohol only 3 times since the surgery and I've gained each time.  So, I've decided to cut that out of my life for the time being while I focus on the weight loss aspect.
13. What band "rule" do you not follow as much or aren't so good at? I do eat slider foods at times, especially if I'm out and with people I'm not comfortable with what options are available.  I really am trying to get better about this and make good choices while I'm out and just remember to chew, chew, chew.
14. What is your goal "reward"?  Ultimate goal reward would be a boobie lift and a tummy tuck, but I would want to wait until I'm done have kids.  So, a more realistic goal for right now would be to take a tropical vacation somewhere (hint, hint Jeff!) and flaunt my new body!
15. In the spirit of Thanksgiving being right around the corner (US), what are you most thankful for, post-band? I'm thankful for my family, friends and all my blog followers for being unbelievably supportive.  I'm also so thankful that I finally found something that is working for me and in such a short amount of time has already changed my life for the better in so many ways and is only continue to do so.

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

67 pounds in just over three months of weight loss is awesome! Far out!! Love the quiz, thanks for sharing.
Cara x

THE DASH! said...

oops I put three months - meant six.. sorry.. Blind bat here

cat loss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.