Yes, yes I am on Team Jacob. No, I don't care that Taylor Lautner is 17. He is HAWT! I'm cool with being a Cougar. The movie was fun and didn't disappoint. I never went into expecting Oscar worthy material, I just wanted to be entertained. Mission Accomplished. I will actually probably see it again at some point too.
Today at work we had a chili cookoff/potluck that involved our entire 14th floor (about 45-50 people). We've been planning it for a few weeks and decided to have a contest for Best Chili, Best Side Dish and Best Dessert. I am on the merchandising team at drugstore.com (our floor consists of merchandising, marketing, production and creative) and I am known on this team as the resident baker. Have I ever mentioned how much I love to bake before? I don't know if I have! Anyways, I love it. Well, I signed up to make a chili and two desserts. Our HR department came down to judge everyone's dishes (I don't know how they did it since there was SO much food) and I WON 1st place for BOTH my chili and the Pumpkin Cheesecake (with Bourbon & Brown Sugar Whipped Cream) I made! I was totally shocked about my chili winning since there were so many other good chili/soups there. It was pretty awesome to win 2 of the 3 categories if I do say so myself. It was not so awesome to have this picture sent out to the entire company! Ha!
So, I was pretty good about when making my goodies to not eat much of them, just enough to taste test. In addition to my Pumpkin Cheesecake I made Lemon Cake Bites as well. That all went out the window today. While in the conference room with everyone else I stuck to just eating a few bites of chili and then I got....stuck. After a fun 30 minute sliming episode and trying to keep my composure in a room full of people I finally got hungry. This is where things go ugly. 4 lemon cake bites, an icing covered cake ball (about the size of a golf ball), and half a Diet Dr. Pepper (yes, soda people!) I finally got full. I can't freaking believe I had soda today! WTF? I know all of our doctor's have different opinions on whether soda is okay or not. Mine is not a fan and I hadn't been since May. Needless to say...not feeling so hot right now. Sugar crash has hit hard core. This little episode make me nervous for Thursday.
So, lesson learned since my last fill. IF I eat the correct things, aka protein, I have got amazing restriction. When I decide to turn to crap like cake & chips I can become an oinker! I really don't want to sabotage the great weight loss I had last week so I'm going to wash my hands clean of this few hours lapse of judgment and get right back on the wagon with my next meal.
Other than all of this not a ton else is going on. I've been extremely busy at work gearing up for our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and preparing our house for Thanksgiving dinner! I'll be around a lot at home this weekend so I'm sure I'll get a few more posts out there soon!
Oh....on weight loss front. I am up .6 pounds since my weigh in on Friday, but I'm okay with that. A huge part of my weight loss last week came from being on liquids and once I start to incorporate solids back in I always fluctuate a bit. Also, it would be nice if my ass could get back on the exercise wagon :)


4 comments:
WOW - that is crazy!? Were the judges able to see who the chefs were of each chili and dessert or was it blind tasting??? just wondering if they just really like you LOL :)
I loved New Moon too :) You hit the nail on the head. Not Oscar-worthy but entertaining.. especially if you read the books! :)
It was a blind tasting! :)
You look great! How is your hair always perfect???
So I am totally with you on the protein = good restriction, junk = oinker. I have to keep this in mind at all times! I can eat cookies all day long - not good!
Congrats on winning! That is awesome. Would you share your pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Pretty please?
Happy Thanksgiving!
You look so cute in those pics and thinner!!! I didn't know you baked but that is so awesome to win all those prices!
I get what ya mean about the protein. When I do eat it first I'm amazed at how little I can eat. Other times, like maybe if there is no protein, I'm disappointed at how much I eat. Uh! It's all a process of figuring this stuff out!
Post a Comment