Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm back.....

Jeff and I came home from San Antonio yesterday after a 5 day mini vacation there to watch our beloved Cougars lose to Notre Dame (we knew it was coming).  We had a great time and enjoyed amazing food.

Before we left I hit my mini goal of 235.8.  I hit that on the Sunday before we left.  I unfortunately gained 1 pound before we left, putting me at 236.8.  I had given myself a 3 pound weight gain limit on the trip.  I came home and was at 239.8 this morning.  Three pound gain on the dot.  I'm actually not upset by it at all though since I had prepared myself and knew it was going to happen.  One of the reasons I got the band was to still be able to enjoy food, just not as much of it.  We had the opportunity to eat some amazing food this past week and I took advantage.  There were times though that you would have thought that I didn't even have the band....that was a little concerning.  I was really worried about getting stuck because I had gotten stuck a few times in the days before we left, but I actually only had one incident during our last meal there. 

Anyways.  All in all, it was a great trip and I'm all set to get back on track this week.  I've got my gym bag here at work and am headed off to do a lunch time workout in a few.  I'm actually going to do 2 days of liquids (just like after having a fill) starting today to help get me back on track with things.  With good luck, those three pounds should (fingers crossed) come off by next week. 

I will post some pictures from vacation when I get home tonight!

1 comment:

THE DASH! said...

Welcome back - we missed you.
You know - when you go away somewhere and are pragmatic about the fact that you might gain a little - and do but then have the fortitude to jump right back into things to fix it, well, I think this is half the battle. You'll blow that weight off in no time. But you had fun getting there :) (up not down..did that make sense? hmm lol)