- Focus on protein. Eat protein first, then veggies.
- STAY AWAY FROM CHIPS. They are the devil.
- I learned almonds are a "slider food" from the doc on Monday so, I will be staying away from those as well and now have to find a different afternoon snack. Suggestions anyone?!
- No liquid calories. I actually do pretty well with this and rarely drink anything but water, but still want it to remain a focus.
- Stick to 2-3 protein shakes a day. I absolutely hate this and am so mad to find out that some of you don't have to drink shakes after post op! Why must my surgeon torture me with those disgusting things? Yes, I'm whining.
- Anyone else have any suggestions for staying on track?
Here are just some pictures from this weekend of me rocking my regular size shirt at the Seattle Seahawks game!






7 comments:
I was one of the lucky ones who was told no need for protein shakes after banding (don't hit me... 'cringe' lol) but I actually don't mind them.. especially since I doctored mine to taste yum with hot coffee and splenda.
You look lovely and look like you had a great weekend!
Errrr! j/k. I may have to try some different things. I've heard adding a little coffee and the sugar free coffee flavorings can help them out a bit!
Alexis! Im Kristen :) I just wanted to leave a comment and tell you congrats on all the success you have had this far! Im new to this blogging thing (as of yesterday haha) but I love hearing about everyone's lap band experiences! I am meeting with my surgeon next week to set a surgery date and couldnt be more excited! Its so fun talking with people who have been in the same boat as me and hearing their perspectives on everything! You look great by the way!! Keep up the good work :)
Hi Kristen! Welcome to blogging! Do you have a blog yet? I'd love to follow it! I love finding inspiration in everyone :) Congrats on the upcoming surgery, that's so exciting. It's hard work, but totally worth every minute!
Keep me up to date on your success!
Thanks girl! I will definitely keep you updated! I just started my blog yesterday and I would love for you to follow! How do you get people to follow? I guess they have to find you huh? Thanks for writing back!!
I'm officially following you! :)
Hey Alexis couple things - explain the Almond thing. They not good when dieting? Also your protein shakes - do you get to pick your own or does he have you drink a specific one? I sell AdvoCare and am in love with their shakes - they taste better than any of the hundreds I've tried in the past. Let me know I'll give you a discount*
Post a Comment