Friday, October 16, 2009

Yes!

A few days ago I would have thought the scale was going to give me a different number (i.e. not good), but I think it could tell my work day wasn't going to start off great so it decided to be nice to me this morning.  241.0.  That is 3.4 pounds down this past week.  I'll take it especially since I spent my Sunday eating about a bazillion calories of baked goods and only worked out twice this week (feeling a little under the weather).  I'm only 2 ounces away from being 65 pounds down....what the heck....I'm down 65 pounds!  I'm only 6 pounds away from my goal of 235 on October 28th.  I can do it!  I get a fill on Monday and that should really help things along. Once I get to 235, I will be at the weight I was when I got married almost 3 1/2 years ago.  Pretty soon I'll be at my lowest weight that I've been at as an adult.  The lowest weight that I think I've been since high school is about 215 pounds. 

I know some of you have set non-food rewards for when you hit a big milestone.  I'd love to do something when I hit the 100 pound mark (hope to be there before Valentine's Day) and have an idea in mind (even though the hubby doesn't particularly like it).  I would love to get a tattoo on my wrist with the wording "avere fede" (have faith in Italian).  I think having faith isn't always necessarily religious, but its just about having faith in life and in yourself.  It's a saying that has got me through a lot the past few years and has really helped me the last few months on the weight loss journey and it just means a lot to me.  I think the Italian version is so pretty.  I would love to get on the inside of my right wrist so it is a bit more visiable to me so it can be a constant reminder to "have faith".  The hubby isn't necissarly oposed to getting a tattoo (I already have one on my back), I think it's more of it being so visible.  So, another option I had thought of was my foot.  We'll see.  Here is a picture of the font type that I like that I would probably get.



I still have a little while to decide, but I'm only 35 pounds away from being 100 pounds down.  That is exciting to me.  Out of all the different "diets" that I've done in the last 10 years, I've NEVER lost 65 pounds so this all very exciting. 

11 comments:

Mary said...

My boyfriend was not fond of me getting my nose peirced but thats what I wanted and I worked damn hard to get there! :o) and that is what I told him he likes it now that he has seen it on me.

Mary said...

OHHH and p.s AWESOME JOB ON THE 3.4LBS VICTORY! LOL

Brooke said...

I'm thinking about getting a tatoo on my inner arm when I get down to onederland, too.

I'm worried about the whole "tattoo" in an office thing to, but the other part of me thinks: my body, my choice.

We have about the same amount of weight to get to onderland, so it'll be fun to see how you celebrate it!

THE DASH! said...

Lovely sentiment getting the words written on your foot and the saying is beautiful (and apt.)
Well done on your loss this week. That's a goodie!
Have a lovely weekend. x

The Former Fat Girl said...

COngrats on the loss !! I have the same NFR ! the plan is to get my name in heiroglyphics ( Im a total egyptophile)on my lower back. At first I thought when I hit 50 lbs loss but now Im thinking I should wait till onderland ?? which would be 69 lbs lost !

The Former Fat Girl said...

btw what is the translation on the tatoo in the picture ??

Alexis said...

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Mary -- you are my inspiration to get to my non food related prize :)

Brooke -- My office is pretty lax so the tattoo shouldn't be an issue, but you should still get one! :) It would be a nice reminder of how far you've come.

I'm not sure what the translation is on the persons foot! I just found that picture and like the font that they had done! :)

Tiffani said...

Congrats, what an AWESOME loss this week, girl!!!! Amazing!!

Amy W. said...

I have a tattoo of skull & crossbones on my inner wrist. My boss hates it, but she can deal. I can always wear bangles to cover it if I wanted, but I actually use it when I teach my nonverbal communication class to make a point. It's funny though, most people dont notice it. THey notice the star on my foot first.

Dinnerland said...

From the boss camp: I do alot of hiring (and sometimes firing) and a wrist tatoo is (while not a NON-starter)-- an indicator of something different. It makes you stand apart in the professional world in a way you may not want to-- but I don't know what you do. I work in a straightlaced environment.
How about getting a bracelet with those words inscribed? Then you can wear it always and have the reminder? But you don't have to be quite so public about it? Just some thoughts... I don't mean any hate on tatoos...

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I think tattoos are great rewards! I love that font too! And the meaning of your tattoo "have faith", I think it is very fitting!