Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update & Pics

Warning:  this post really has nothing to do with weight loss (I'll get to that in my next post).  In the upcoming weeks (Nov 7th to be exact) due to reasons I will not detail here....my mother in law is temporarily moving in with Jeff and I.  I will just say that she is going through a tough time and she's decided to start a chapter of her life over and we've decided to help her out and have her live with us for a bit.  It's not ideal, but we will make the best of it :)

So, on that note, for some reason I had the hugest urge to really organize and clean our house.  I'm talking REALLY organize and deep clean.  Hence the garage sale a few weeks ago.  Well, as of tonight I got everything on my long to-do list before the MIL (mother in law) comes complete.  I have never felt so good about our house.  Our bedroom still needs a bit of work, but that has always been a room that gets put on the back burner.  Anyways, I have family that reads this that has never seen my house and in light of all the cleaning I've done I took a ton of pictures.  So....below is a little tour of my house (beware.  I'm serious there are a lot of pictures and Tucker pretty much makes his way into almost all of them)!  Also, note to view the entire picture on some of them you will have to click through and it will make them bigger.  I don't know why it didn't post the entire picture!

The end of our street looking into our neighborhood.  Of course I love all the fall colors!  To the right (blocked by the sign) you can usually see Mt. Rainier.


 Further down our street.  Our house is the 2nd on the left.


 Our home!  Please don't pay attention to the front yard.  That is on next springs to-do list.


Better view of our front porch/door.


Just inside the front door is our coat closet and this sign.  "Houses are made of bricks & beams.  Homes are made of hopes & dreams".  Corny?  Probably.  Do I love little wooden signs?  Absolutely.


Looking to the right after stepping in the front door.


Looking more to the right around the staircase


Looking towards the front door from the other side of the entrance.


Looking into the living room from the hallway


Looking into the living room from back by the sliding glass door.


Looking towards the dining room & kitchen from the living room.  Notice half of Tucker's toys on top of the bookcase?  That's where they go when he is annoying us with them!


Looking into the kitchen from the dining room.  That big basket on top of the fridge?  Yeah, that is where ALL of my 12 different vitamins I have to take everyday live (plus, the 2 big jugs of protein shakes that I can't stand).


Another view of the kitchen


Downstairs bathroom


Another view of the small bathroom



Going up the staircase (I love the staircase and one of the reasons I loved the house when we first saw it)


Looking back down the staircase....


...My goal is to create a collage of black picture frames with B&W photos along my stairwell.  Similar to this...


At the top of the stairs looking into the landing/desk nook


Looking towards the spare bedrooms (and the guest bath to the right)


Guest bathroom


Guest bedroom (soon to be MIL's room)


Looking into the hallway from the master bedroom


Master.  Notice the wrinkly bedspread.  That's from our lovely dog sleeping there ALL day.


Master bathroom that I totally want to re-do


My vision board in our bathroom.  The Secret anyone?


My closet (the hubby was kicked out into one of the spare rooms when we moved in).  The closet is mine all mine!  Again, love my wooden signs....this one in my closet say "I see beauty in every sole!".


I heart shoes & handbags!


Well, that's pretty much it.  If you want to see the backyard.  You can visit this post from when we re-did our very small backyard earlier in the spring.


6 comments:

Kristen said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! My favorite has to be your vision board. I have never seen one of these before, I think that will be my next rainy day project!

I can kind of understand your cleaning rant on having your MIL move in. My best friend from college just temporarily moved in with my fiance and I a month ago, and I cleaned like crazy for days.

seckert08 said...

Thanks for sharing. Your house is beautiful! The vision board is awesome! I have put that on my TO DO list! Good luck with the MIL.

THE DASH! said...

WOWWWWWWWW!! What an incredibly beautiful home - inside and out - you're a lucky girl. I love the idea of a vision board, what a fab idea!! Hope all goes well with MIL.

MLH said...

Your house is adorable!! I am so jealous of your closet - and the fact that you have carpet. I have lived in military housing since we got married :*( Someday ... someday ...

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Let's see if I can remember this all. Your street is beautiful, cozy, and so relaxing looking. I'm envious! The front of your house is adorable, even w/ the weird grass but hey, it's Fall! I love love love your decorating style!!! The sectional is my dream section I will treat myself to when I buy a house. I bet it cost a lot! I love sectionals, so roomy and cozy, bringing people together.

Good luck w/ your MIL! Hope it goes well and smoothly! Your dog reminds me of Marley from Marley and me, so cute! He thought you were walking around to play w/ him, not take pics!

B said...

I so love your home, it is decorated so nice, I love you couch, I would never ever ever get off of it! I also love your vision board, it has inspired me to make one! a posting soon on that LOL