Saturday, April 3, 2010

Well hellooooooo (and BYOC).....

Ladies, I apologize.  I'm officially giving myself the title of worst blogger right now.  Thank you to those who have contacted me and have been wondering where I've been and have said that you miss my posts.  That means a lot and is still mind boggling to me that there are people out there of whom I've never met and at times you actually do think of me and wonder what I've been up to.  Crazy.

I don't know what to say.  I'm not in some deep, dark place like I usually am when I've gone MIA.  I've actually just been busy!  With the new promotion at work has come a TON of new responsibilities.  I knew this was the case when I received the promotion, but man, it's been nuts.  I do get a few moments to get caught up on all of your blogs and occasionally get the chance to comment.  However, I've neglected my poor, sad, lonely blog.  I got back and read some of my posts and wonder why anyone is interested in even reading it.  I look at Amy, Drazil's, Gen's, Catherine's, Angie's (and insert a list of about 100 others) blogs and theirs are so creative, thoughtful, funny, witty and always strike a chord or make me laugh out loud.  So, quite honestly sometimes I feel like I don't live up.  But, you know what?  This is my blog about MY journey and it should be for me and for those who have opted in to take the time to read it.  Obviously, you guys find something interesting about it.  So, again, I apologize for my absence as I struggle to get caught up at work and get over my self confidence issues when it comes to my writing style on my own blog (out of all the things to be self conscious about....geesh).

Week one of the Memorial Day Bathing Suit challenge has gone well.  You will get to see my results when Kristen publishes them.  I'm so excited to see how everyone is doing and it will be amazing to see the final results of everyone in May!  This challenge is pretty exciting for me as it ends just 5 days before my 1 year anniversary of my surgery.  I'm really trying to use this as a great last push during these 2 months before my 1 year.  You guys....I am so close to 100 pounds down (total...not in week 1 of the challenge!) I could just scream (in excitement!).  I will make a confession and say that I've been awful...and I mean AWFUL...with exercise lately.  No kidding, I have not been to the gym since before my foot was bugging me which was over 3 weeks ago.  I've been really trying to keep my eating in check and downing water which is helping keep things at bay, but I know I've got to get back into it if I really want to get things moving.   Is it weird that I'm nervous about working out again because I know I'll gain a few pounds at first?  I know it is, just let me get my head around it.

I went shopping today at Nordstrom and for once didn't automatically head to the plus size department because I knew not much would fit from there!  I headed straight to the normal sized section, was bold and grabbed a size 14 jeans off the rack, went straight for the dressing room and got the things on, zipped and they were just a bit to big in the waist (the legs fit perfect)!  This is the first size 14's that I've fit into that aren't Target so I consider that a success!  The sales gal even went and grabbed me a 12 since the waist was a bit big.  I got them on, but a no-go on the zipping up, but soon my friends.  Soon.  I did buy the 14's, but got home and now have buyer's remorse.  They were a little spendy and since I most likely won't be having them long, it probably wasn't the most wise investment so they will be going back next week.  I did buy a cute sweater/cardigan from the juniors section (in XL) that fit too and I'm keeping that. 


And finally, I will answer Drazil's BYOC questions...


1.  If you could be a Superhero - what would you be called or what would your powers be?
I'm so not creative when it comes to this....  Ummm.....  uhhhhh......Ugh.  I would just want to be what Amy choose and be Super Metaboliser.  Yep.  I'm a copy cat.


2.  Name one physical thing you love about you and one mental thing you love about you.

I love my eyes.  I love the color of them (hazel) and I love the shape.  Some people think they are big, but I don't care.  I love them.  I think they are unique and they do get noticed.  I do also love how great my calves look in whatever kind of heels I'm wearing.  I was a dancer for many years and I have nice shapely calves that I really do love.  The one mental thing that I love about me is that I am pretty quick to forgive and I am really compassionate for others. 


3.  If you stood in front of God (or whatever Supreme Being you may believe in) - what question would you ask him?

It's not really a question, but more of a request.  I'd ask to see my grandma and mom asap.  They were taken away from this world before I was ready for them to leave and I would just want that one more chance to hug them and tell them how much I love them and I'd ask them if I have done them proud.  It was always my grandma's wish to see me get healthy.


4.  Besides yourself - who was/is your biggest enabler in your weight loss journey?

I think without really meaning to do it, it can be my husband sometimes.  However, he is also my biggest supporter as well.  He has never forced me to put any food in my mouth though.  I was the one who did that and take the responsibility for that and I don't really try to pin my weight issues on others (being bad childhood, etc, etc).  I've always been overweight, but it didn't become a BIG problem (no pun intented) until about college.  At that time, I was an adult and my problems were my own and I needed to own up to them.


5.  What do you do for a living (another reader request question)?


My official title is Site Merchandising Manager for drugstore.com.  My role entails quite a few things.  1.) I am a liason between our merchandising (those who work with the manufacturers to bring product onto our site and promote it) and our marketing teams.  I work with the two teams and help out marketing team really focus on what is new in the market, what's going on with the merch team, etc.
2.) I manage various areas of the site that we "sell" to vendors.  These areas include our homepage spaces, sale tab, search, etc.  I work with our merchandisers when they've sold space to a vendor and I am the one that uploads it into our systems to refresh onto our sites (don't get too excited....our systems are pretty user friendly so I'm not an IT genius although I do know some coding :)).
3.) I manage our "coupon" tab on the site.  I work with the different manfucaturers who offer coupons in print (Sunday newspaper coupons, etc) and I build promotions that allow us to put those coupon offerings onto our site for customers to get instant savings when they click through the coupon promo.
4.) I do about a billon other things that help keep the site refreshed and looking good as well as I know manage someone whom I've worked with since I started working there (he actually started before me).  I'm still transistioning into a manager type role as it can be a bit overwhelming taking on the task of managing someone and their day to day tasks.


6.  Whose blog hit home for you this week or whose blog made you think the most this week?
Mary's blog was amazing this week since she hit her 1 year anniversary.  Mary has BY FAR surpassed any expectations anyone could give for the lap band.  Her journey so far has been truly amazing and awe inspiring.  Mary was one of the first lap band people that I had started to follow and her success has always been such an inspiration to me.
The person who's blog made me think the most this week actually was Drazil's.  She always is so on top of topics that I've been thinking about and puts such an unique twist and different way of thinking about things.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that she is funny as shit (and quite literally....I always laugh at poop jokes).


AND....if you've made it this far, I ask a favor.  I want to do a little mini challenge.  I currently have 90 followers so I want to do a 100 by 100 challenge to see if I can get 100 followers by the time I hit 100 pounds down.  I don't have too far to go to reach that 100 pounds down mark, but if you like my blog and you think someone else might like it that may not know about it, feel free to send them a link!  :) 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis, I have been in the same spot as you. I feel that I don't measure up to some of the great bloggers. It seems so silly that I would let that get to me, but maybe that is my MO to hide.... It's funny because I am planning a post about this subject right now.

I am glad you are back, and I relate to you, your blog, and your insights to fashsion :) That is why I read!

Girl Bandit said...

Great to hear from you...I have missed your blog and been wondering if you are ok.....oh and I agree your eyes are gorgeous

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awwww you little sweetheart! MY blog made you think this week....didn't I only talk about poop? LOL Oh no that's right - I actually did write some meaningful things! Glad you liked them. I sooo missed you here. And stop comparing your blog to others - your blog is yours - and that's why I love it - cuz no one else can write like you and feel like you. It's perfect...because it's yours! PS - I love your eyes too. And I love YOU!

Camille said...

I just started following your blog. I agree, you do have pretty eyes! I was banded about a week and a half ago. I look forward to reading more.

Darlin1 said...

Oooo nice eyes! I enjoy your blog---just introduced by Girl Bandit.

Brooke said...

Heheh I was MIA, too.

Not do to depression just the same thing, being busy and letting the journey just go unexamined for a while. I think about things too much sometimes but honestly, while the break was good and needed, it's good to be back. Following blogs like yours makes me feel normal, understood and I learn sooo much.

Plus your awesome and I'm glad we're both back at it!

Brooke said...

FYI: Your blog is not boring.

I always feel like I am visiting with a friend over a cuppa when I come by here :-)

Amy W. said...

First of all, you can't get behind on reading blogs bc I know you follow a million also, and these days...you take a cat nap and you are behind on 4.6 billion blogs. It's a task catching up.

Second. Duh. We miss you and care about you.

Third. I just post nonsense and hope someone likes it! We all love your blog and YOU...so don't worry about that.

Fourth! Well....I feel you on buyers remorse. Now that we are smaller (can you believe I just said that), I've heard we will go through sizes quicker...so I am buying less for sure. But what if you take those jeans to a tailor and have the waist taken in (it runs me about $7 here) and then you can get more life out of them.