Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finally, it's happened to me!

As of this morning I am officially 100 pounds down!!!  It came on the exact day of being 11 months out from surgery.  I'm excited to have finally hit the triple digits after flirting with it for the last 3 weeks.  I don't have a lot else to report and just wanted to share how excited I am.

We are headed over to eastern Washington tomorrow night after work for a long weekend of wine tasting so I'm trying to get caught up on work before I leave for a few days.  I'm still trying to find the time to get caught up on everyone's blogs so I apologize for being absent recently. 

Oh!  One quick thing.  For those who are following the B.O.O.B.S blog, you may have noticed that I have volunteered to put together a lap band cookbook.  Depending on how many recipes I get from everyone (we are asking for 1-2 per person who want to submit), I may or may not print these to take to Chicago.  I would instead get it into a document and either get inexpensive USB jump drives for everyone or just email to everyone and you can print at home.  Again, I will wait and see how big this gets and make a decision sometime in August about bringing printed copies to Chicago for everyone :)  To submit a recipe, please send them here:  lbcookbook@gmail.com

Anyways....here's to me finally hitting 100 pounds down and hoping that I can maintain it this weekend!!!

30 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

Whoo hoo Alexis!!! I'm so thrilled for you. Amazing accomplishment. Have a fantastic weekend. I'm wine tasting this weekend as well, so I'll send you good drunky thoughts! xoxo

Sandy said...

Happy Dance for 100 pounds down. What a success. You'll soon be a S.O.B. (from Gen). I love wine tasting. And drinking.

Mary said...

Congrats Alexis!!!! Im so excited for you!!!! :o)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! 100 pounds is a big accomplishment. A long weekend of wine tasting is just about the best way of celebrating that I can think of... enjoy!

Nella said...

Do the wiggle jiggle sista! Amazing!

Also great idea on the band friendly recipes. I have one for panko crusted halibut/cod. I will send it!

Cheers to a fantabulous day and WEEKEND!

Jenny said...

100lbs!!! 100lbs!!!! I'm so excited for you this is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to you!

TJ said...

Congrats on the 100 lbs!!

One thing we might want to do is look at getting the cookbook bound when we are in Chicago. You could bring the thing on usb and we could find a office store while we are there - for those who want to pay. I know someone who did something similar and it was pretty cheap for one of those flexy binders. We could also a cover art competition :)

TJ said...

Ohh.. and one more thing it might be nice to have sections in the cookbook for post op stuff like mushies, liquids, and protein drinks. It might be nice for those that are preop or others in the future.

Theresa said...

One hundred cheers for Alexis!!!!

Amy W. said...

That's my girl! I am so proud of you!!! Take some time and really think about how amazing 100 pounds in 11 months is! Sometimes we get caught up in the "blogland biggest loser mentality" and we forget how far we have come!!!

Congrats again sweetpea! There is going to be so much room in our bed in chicago with how skinny we aer getting!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! 100lbs is AMAZING!!! Very happy for you!

Sarah said...

Great job!!! That is so awesome... can't wait to see that day, someday! And thanks for volunteering on the cookbook - great idea! I think an e-version we print ourselves is fine - but there is something nice about having a "tangible" too - but have everyone pay you or something via paypal! That can get expensive...

Genise said...

In the voice of Vicki from Real Housewife's of OC....WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Amy said...

You are a LAPBAND ROCK STAR! I am so excited for you. 100 lbs is an incredible accomplishment. Enjoy your wine tasting this weekend - you totally deserve it, Ms. Skinny!

Amanda Kiska said...

That is AMAZING!!! You are such an inspiration!

Gilly said...

That is such an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!!

Debi said...

Wow Alexis, I am so happy for you!! 100 pounds is fantastic!!! You were looking great when we met, soon I won't even recognize you, you are losing so fast!! :)

Brooke said...

Yessssirree Bob! You go beautiful girl!

So glad to hear it. I am just amazed and so happy for you. What an accomplishment.

What will you do to celebrate?

Girl Bandit said...

Fantastic Alexis...well done. What an amazing year and achievement for you. Enjoy your weekend and I have my thinking cap on for the book.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I want some of Gilly's ass jingles - I'd totally do an ass jingle celebratory dance for you. You rock....for real....please be proud of you for this....it's not just a number....it's the essence of you taking more (or less) shape every day! We're so happy to cheer you on and share in your accomplishment.

Judi said...

100 pounds!!! Congrats girl! Looks like you are the newest SOB!!!! Wine tasting sounds like a fuckingfabulous way to celebrate!!!!
Onward!
Judi

Angie Cummings said...

so excited for you, so proud of you... WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Jen said...

You are fabulous! So excited to hear you have reached another goal... you go girl!!! I am so jealouse to hear you are going to a wine tasting weekend, but I hope you have a great time. I'm thinking about my recipies already....I'll be sending something soon...

Stephanie M. said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. :-)

Janelle said...

What an accomplishment!!! Good job!

#fatfreefloozy said...

That, my friend, is freaking awesome!

Tamara said...

Congratulations Alexis. 100lbs is amazing. So glad for you =)

Joey said...

F yeah!!!! Wonderful work, and it is a lot of work! Say hello to Spokane for me...

Colls said...

100 down in less than a year?!? Congrats, crazy girl! I am so proud of you! <3