In my previous post I had talked about how my right foot has been bothering me over the past few days. Well, it's not getting much better. I worked out Monday-Wednesday and I think I pissed it off so I'm going to take the next couple of days to rest and ice my foot. I will evaluate how I feel on Saturday and make a decision about what I want to do about the St. Paddy's Day Dash in Seattle on Sunday. The nice thing about the leg that I signed up for is it is walk/jog so if I'm not feeling up to running (which is doubtful at this point) I can always at least take it easy and walk. But, again, I will see on Saturday. I really want to do the dash and there are quite a few people from work (and Jen!) doing it as well so I feel like I'd let people down, including myself, if I don't do it. But, the other part of me does get the fact that I am hurt and doing the dash could make it even worse and thus causing me to miss even more workouts next week (and maybe even the next). So, a lot of thinking to do, but I'm sure I'll do what is right for me when the time comes. :)
The scale finally got back down to 215.8 this morning after hanging around in the 216's for quite a few days. Since I'm taking a few days off from exercising I really need to ensure that what I'm eating is good for me. However, rewind to about 45 minutes ago when I took a bite of one of the brownies I made for a co-workers birthday and got completely stuck and PB'd in bathroom (barely making it). I'm pretty sure it was the lap-band god's bitch slapping me for even putting the damn brownie in my mouth in the first place. So, I'll just sit here and sip my water and go eat my turkey slices and Laughing Cow cheese when things settle down (insert pouty face, crossed arms and the "Swenson sigh" here).
Trying really hard to focus on work right now, but Amy's posts today keep distracting me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know you have your heart set on doing the dash...but you know what? You have as many 5ks in front of you as you want...this isnt your only chance. It will be okay if you can't do it...
although I totally feel you.
Good thing about all the working out and muscle building you have been doing is...well you burn more calories now at a resting rate. So just do what you can! Stretching burns calories. Um...different weights you could do with your arms....
Alexis - the foot pain I was having sounds similar to yours. My doc said no running for a week when I saw him. I agree with Amy, you have lots of other opportunities in front of you, I wouldn't risk hurting yourself further. You can still be a part of it by going and supporting everyone. I know it's not what you wanted to be doing, but better to be safe than hurt! xoxo
Hi Alexis! So the foot...I truly feel your pain. It just sucks, and part of the whole running deal unfortunately. Is it Plantar's Fasciitis? If so, stretching a bunch does help (like Runner's Stretch where you put your foot up on a wall or step, keeping your heel on the floor, and lean forward).
I do not think you should stress about not being able to run. Walk if you can, or do the next one. It is not your fault if you can't do it!
Post a Comment