Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Insert title here

I have no idea what to title this post since it's kind of just a hodge podge of random things.

First of all.  I have the St. Paddy's Day Dash coming up this Sunday.  It's a 3 3/4 mile fun run/walk here in Seattle.  I've been officially signed up and excited (and nervous!) for it for about 2 months now.  I get to meet Jen for the first time there.  My plan has been to complete the course in around an hour.  A pretty decent goal given the fact that there is no way I will be able to jog that entire thing.  I went out for a 2 mile jog this past Saturday and it felt really good and I finished in just about 35 minutes (a few minutes of walking thrown in there since there were 2 serious hills).  During the day on Sunday I noticed that the side and up around my ankle of my right foot were kind of uncomfortable.  I didn't think too much of it.  Yesterday, I had a pretty hard time walking in my boots.  Walking to the gym yesterday at lunch I really noticed how badly my foot was starting to hurt, but went and worked out anyways.  It was not the most comfortable workout I've had on the elliptical, but I did make it through for 35 minutes (+15 minutes weights).  Fast forward to today, I'm visibly walking with a limp.  I even had someone comment on it.  It friggin' hurts.  I skipped the gym today and am going to take it easy tomorrow cause I WANT to do this race on Sunday, but I also don't want to really hurt myself.  It just sucks.  Out of the 7 months that I've really been great about working out, the first time that I get hurt happens to be right before I've signed up to actually do a race.

Weight is fluctuatting around 215.4-216.6.  My weight always goes up after a really good workout and when I've gotten all of my water in during a given day.  Why is that?  Why, when I work out and get a great amount of water in the scale decides to reward me with a higher number.  Errrrr.  Big picture that is still down 5 pounds from my fill 2 weeks ago.  My eating is so-so.  I do so great throughout the day at work (take in about 600-800 calories by around 6 p.m. of pretty good protein foods) but I get home from work and all hell breaks loose and I eat junk.  Jeff and I have been talking about both of us really getting on board with eating more healthy and eating whole foods and getting the crap out of our house.  So, over the next couple days we are going to clean up our cupboards and get some good stuff in there.  It will help me out so much having him more on board with wanting to eat healthy as well. 

Speaking of scales, there has been quite a bit of talk about others out there getting new scales.  Currently I have an Omron Full Body Sensor Body Composition Monitor & Scale (get all that?).  It's got a lot of bells and whistles, I just don't use them.  I've heard great things about Tanita scales and am wondering if a switch may be in store at some point. 

Not too much else is up.  I really (really) want my foot to start feeling better in the next day or two.  I'm not quite sure what is wrong with it as I've never really had this pain before.  It's not really in my ankle.  It's more on the right side/top part of my foot and goes just under my ankle and up the side of my leg a little bit.  Any suggestions on how to help it feel better would be appreciated.

I hope that everyone is having a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Jen said...

good job on the jog- 2 miles- woot! woot! Sorry aobut your foot hurting though. I got 2.5 miles in on Friday and I'm heading out to do 2.5 more today. Hoping that I can get it in on Thursday or Friday as well and I'll be ready for the Dash! Can't wait to see you there, even if you are gimpy.:)

Amy W. said...

I am so sorry about your ankle. Maybe wrap and give it some time? I dont know. What about just pretending that they old saying is true...pain is just weakness leaving the body. hhahaha....although I dont really believe all that.

Also, isnt it funny that even though we have scales that work perfectly fine...we are tempted to buy a new one? That is the same with me.