Monday, January 18, 2010

What a way to start a Monday!

I'm not biased when it comes to what blogs I read and trust me, I read many (I follow more than 100).   I will read anything from all of your blogs based on the lap band journey to fashion blogs to downright people that I've never met before in my life but find their blogs/lives interesting. 

Well, I came across Allison's blog a week or two ago while checking out one of my favorite fashion blogs by Chloe.  I started thumbing through Allison's blog and became hooked.  She's witty, beautiful and is uber-creative in home decorating.  One day she posted a giveaway for one of two cookbooks and all you had to do is leave a comment about which cookbook you'd be interested in.  One of them was The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone which I've already read.  The other was The Pioneer Woman Cookbook by Ree Drummond.  Most people have heard of the amazing blogger known as the Pioneer Woman, but if you haven't you have to check it out here.  Anyways, I put my comment in for the Pioneer Woman and low and behold I won it!  Allison even gave me a shout out on her blog!  It's crazy.  I've never once signed up to win anything on any blog before ever and the first time I do, I win!  Yay!  Needless to say, I will be paying it forward in the coming weeks.  I will most likely go the cookbook route so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Jen said...

ohhh I am SO jealous! I love PW! My BF got her cookbook for Christmas, can't wait to get my hands on my own copy- hopefully sooner than later...

Tiffani said...

HOW FUN!!!! That's really neat! :)

THE DASH! said...

I saw Alicia Silverston being interviewed about her cookbook - she's a vegan I think (or vegetarian, I always get those mixed up lol.) It looked interesting - but what a fantastic win for you to get the cookbook you wanted. Hurruh!!

uh said...

I am new at the whole blog thing, thanks for giving me some new ones to look at! p.s. continue to mention a good one now and then

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

You are too kind! And right back at ya!

Brooke said...

Yeahay! I am going to check those both out! Thanks for posting the links Lovely Alexis :-)