- I have not had a single sip of any type of soda in the last 8 weeks.
- I haven't even touched a candy bar (or really any candy) in 8 weeks.
- I haven't had coffee in 8 weeks
- I'm down 2 pants sizes (wish the boobs would start going down though!)
- I used to grab something to eat on the way to work (McDonald's, bagel, coffee, etc) almost everyday and I haven't done that in about 6 weeks.
- I have hardly had a headache in 8 weeks (ask Jeff, I used to get 3-4 really bad migraines a WEEK).
- I just overall feel so much better
- I'm getting a jaw line back!
So, those are just a few off the top of my head that I was thinking of this morning. And you know what? I don't really miss the soda, candy, coffee, bagels, etc. Those things were obviously not doing me any good and my life is improving without them. It's been a successful breakup. :)
I also just want to take the time to say thanks to my wonderful husband, Jeff. This isn't just a life change for me, but for us. He has been SO supportive through all of this. There have defintely been days where I am in a funk and I can tend to take it out of him sometimes (a.k.a...last night). I have to constantly remind myself that this is hard on him too, but this journey is only going to improve both of our lives.

4 comments:
Stay strong girl - when I get frustrated, my husband always reminds me of the big picture and that is how much I've lost total and there will be bad weeks or plateaus for whatever reason and it is frustrating. It's the same when you are trying to maintain weight. So don't get too discouraged. You're doing the right thing! Kudos to Jeff!
What are you doing? I have terrible migraines and would love to try something to dump them.
What really made my headaches go away was following this food plan called "Onvo". It's based here in Bellevue (www.onvo.com). It's basically all about eating real foods (not processed stuff). I also had weight loss surgery a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to eat much so i think that has helped!
I wouldn't worry too much about the 4 pounds. My doctor warned me that, before my first fill, I'd probably gain a little. Your body goes into starvation mode when you're eating as little as you do initially post-op and saves all the calories that it can.
Just try not to let it get you down! You're doing a great thing and it just gets better!
Post a Comment