Thursday, December 31, 2009

Over the river and through the woods for New Year's

Jeff and I are off to eastern Washington (Kennewick) today to see family and friends for the New Year.  Jeff and I grew up in Kennewick and only moved to the west side of the state (Seattle) 6 1/2 years ago after college (ugh, I can't believe I've been out of COLLEGE that long).  We do have to go over two mountain passes which weather wise looks pretty treacherous today so fingers crossed it doesn't completely dump snow on us.   Thankgoodness for our all-wheel drive on our SUV though.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and got everything they wanted.  I was a naughty-nelly on Christmas day and snacked.  the.  entire.  day.  Needless to say, I gained about 4 pounds last week.  Yep.  On Saturday, I was up to 229.0.  However, I watched myself on Sunday and started my fill liquid diet a day early and by the time it came to go to the doctor on Tuesday for my 7th fill, I was back down to 225.4.  And, that is where I'm at today still.   A little confused by that since the first couple days after a fill I typically always lose since I'm on liquids, but I'm not going to question it too much I guess.  I've got some good restriction going on so I will need to be on my game this weekend to ensure I'm getting protein in and that I'm chewing!  I do not want any stuck episodes this weekend.  I'm taking my workout clothes over to Kennewick with me and hope to get back on the workout wagon.  I'm hoping to come back on Sunday about 1 pound down.  That is my goal. 


OH!  Fun weight loss victory at the doctor's office!  After the nurse took my weight (with clothes on I was 227 there) we went to the exam room and she was doing the calculation of how much I had lost from the last time I was there.  11.6 pounds down from 5 weeks ago.  Not too bad during the holidays and honestly I have been horrible about working out since Thanksgiving.  I'm not kidding.  We are talking maybe have worked out like 5 times.  I know, I know.  Anyways...She pointed out that in the last week, of all the people that had come in for fills, only 3 people had actually lost weight (most had either stayed or gained) and that I was the highest loser!  Yay!  She as well as the nurse practitioner (the surgeon was on vacay) said that my weight loss is right on target and that I'm doing great.   They did stress I could get more water in on a regular basis.  I'm either spot on with this somedays and others I'll maybe get a glass in. 

My fill got me up to around 6.9-7.0 cc's in my 11 cc band.  I took a couple bites of some tuna fish last night and I felt good restriction there (I will admit that I took a few bites of some fries too...hey, if I can't admit that here and still receive support from all of you, then where can I?).  My plan is to have my trusty Starbucks water glass with me tonight and the New Year's party we are going to at a friends house and have that thing filled (with water) the entire time and sip on that to help ease the urge of snakcing on what I know will be yummy goodies there.  I already decided long ago before today that I will not be drinking tonight (sad) even though every one else will be.  Everytime I've had alcohol, even the slightest bit, since I've been banded I always, always, always gain.  Right now, those one or two (or three or four) glasses of alcohol are just not worth all that extra work to me.  I'm sorry.  My weight loss is too important to me right now to waste my calories on something that I know will make the numbers on that scale go up.  Some people understand this and some do not.  To each his (or her) own.  I'm not saying I will never drink again, but during the weigth loss phase that is going to be one thing I continue to cut out of my diet.   And, you know what?  I'm acutally not sorry for that. 

Let's see...what else is going on.  I feel like I've been MIA for awhile.  Not posting for a week is like a year in blog time!  OH YEAH!  I forgot about this.  So, I at one point had been going through jeans like a mad woman and finally rested on size 18's and have been there for about the past month.  About 3 or so weeks ago I went to Target and tried on their regular sized woman's jeans 16's.  In the dressing room I had some serious muffin top going on.  I put them back on the rack.  For shits and giggles, last Tuesday (before Christmas) I was in Target and decided to try them on again.  Let's just say they are in my closet now and I wore them to Christmas!  They are a little snug in the legs, but they don't look too bad.  It has gotten to the point that my 18's start to get a bit baggy after wearing them a few hours and I definetly need the belt to keep them up.  So yeah, for a fun non-scale victory!

So, I think I've got everyone pretty much up to speed now.  I really hope everyone has an amazing time whatever you are doing tonight and please be safe.  2009 brought so many of us the start to some amazing changes in our lives and I can not wait to see what 2010 has in store!  It's going to be LEGEN....wait for it....DARY (How I Met Your Mother...anyone?  Sorry, I love that show).

Happy New Years! 

5 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

Happy New Year Pretty Lady!! Sounds like you've got a great plan for eating/not drinking and I find that planning always helps me to be more successful! I'm up about a pound from my lowest due to grazing a bit too much yesterday so I'm looking forward to getting back on the "band"wagon tomorrow. All snacks are leaving my house!! Have a great time back home.
xoxo

Amy W. said...

great just great! (picture me stomping my feet and turning in a circle) NOW you are in 16's too? WHYYYYYYY can't I be in them with you. Although I will say I tried on some 16's from Target last week and they had a lot of stretch in them and they fit....but really on the cusp on not fitting...so I didnt get them.

Sigh...but I guess the good thing about all you guys being in size 16's before me is that you can send them to me when they dont fit! lol

Have a great new years eve!

Missed ya!

Debi said...

You are doing so great!! I commend you for not drinking tonight of all nights! I had to stop drinking years ago due to the amount of prescriptions that I take!

So glad to hear that you are still losing even during the Holidays! I have gained about 4 lbs back that I now seriously have to take off!

I will be thinking of you today during your drive East! I know what it is like to have to worry about driving over mountains in bad weather.

Have a great time tonight!

Hope You Have A Safe & Prosperous New Year!

THE DASH! said...

Hiya,

Sounds like you've had a productive year this year and 2010 is just going to be bigger and better.

Hope that latest fill brings you great restriction.

Cara x

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Omg cool! My 18s fit me the same way and I love those target jeans! Mine are OK baggy but I prefer them tighter now, keeps me sucked in and lookin all smooth. I can't wait to be in 16s. I think I have a pair of 16merona jeans in my closet I haven't technically worn, I can't remember! so cool to be in the same place as you! My weight recently dropped down to 234, nice place to be, broke a goal of mine!