It is only 10 a.m. and I'm having one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I'm trying so hard to turn my mood around, but everytime I try something else comes up.
First, today is weigh in day. My scale...not so nice. Up 1 pound. Ugh. 246.8. I knew I should have expected this since I did the cleanse last week and I had told myself to expect to gain at least a pound back, so why am I still so disappointed and pissed? I always lose the week I get a fill, it's actually the week that I lose the most out of the entire month and this time I gain! That scares the crap out of me for the remainder of the month until I get my next fill.
Second, at first I thought I had some restriction, and now after incorporating more proteins back in, I realize that I kind of don't. I know, I know....I'll get there.
Third, work has sucked majorly this morning already. For those of you who don't know, I work in the merchandising department at drugstore.com . Today is what we call a "prop" day. It's when we turn over our homepage messaging and load all new promos for our next round of sales. There are normally a few bumps in the road the morning that we switch everything over, but today just seems like it is one mistake after another. I manage part of our Homepage and all of our Sale tab (among many other things), two major areas that change when a new prop goes up. Anyways, don't need to get into details, but let's just say I rely on other people giving me correct information and then that ends up not being the case and I end up doing double work the day everything goes live. So annoying. Also, I don't think people understand what a deadline is, but that's a whole other issue!
So, I'm really trying to change my mood around, I am. I guess the thing with the scale got me off on a wrong start this morning (plus having to wake up extra early to get some work done from home). As I was driving into work today, I decided I'm going to try something new this week. I'm ridiulously obsessed with the scale. I'm talking about getting on the scale like at least 6 or 7 times a day (sick, I know). I need to take some time and regain focus on the rules of eating and living with the band and NOT focus on the number on the scale. When I get home tonight, I am making my husband hide the scale and not let me touch it for one week. I want to take the next week to focus on my eating (protein, protein, protein), getting my water in (at least 70 oz/day) and getting my workouts in. I learned this week that I can slip back into bad habits so quickly. I had a fairly stressful week and quite honestly shouldn't be surprised where the one pound weight gain came from. I worked out only once and quite honestly could have made better food choices towards the middle-end of the week. I've been fairly stressed this week with Jeff being gone (I hate being alone in the house and never sleep well), us having a garage sale tomorrow and getting that ready, and just being crazy at work has amounted to a unfocused, unmotivated, unsuccessful week with my progress. It's only one week and again, that is why I'm going to take this next week and regroup.
Sorry for the rant so early in the morning. I see so many people had a great successful week and I'm so happy for you all! Seriously. :) Here's to a better week next week for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry that you're having such a crappy day Alexis! I like your idea about hiding the scale. I am awful about weighing too...I'm around that 6 or 7 times a day mark as well. Hope your day gets better...at least it's Friday!
Sounds like you are way stressed, and that is always a recipe for weight gain in my book. Hope it gets better.
Good idea to hide the scale. I am not quite obsessive, I get on a couple of times in the morning and once after I work out. But I wouldn't mind getting rid of mine for a while!
Girl! Dont let all this mess get you down! You have made so much progress and next week will be better for you! I have faith in you. Smile :) How have you been?! Havent heard from you in a while...well gosh I havent posted in a while! Have a great Friday night!
I get it. I know what your going through. And honey, no way in hell should you weigh 6-7 lbs a day. Do you think the food your putting into your body is weightless??? They all weigh, your weight fluctuates too much to do that.
I did it daily but my goal is to do it twice a week. This week I did it 3x a week. We're all a work in progress. I think hiding the scale will be a great motivator this week!!!
Aww it'll be ok, sweetie!! Here's to a fantastic garage sale and hopes that you make a bunch of money! It'll be a better week next week, it has to be! :)
Post a Comment