Friday, September 4, 2009
Paying it forward
I try to go through my closet every couple of weeks because it seems like everytime I turn around that something new fits. I recently had about two trash bags worth of clothes that were a little (or a lot) too big for me so I put them up for grabs. Amy snagged a few things, but only one top fit her (that is a good thing!) and Jenny just received the package I sent her last night and she looks great in what I sent her (again, I don't think it will be fitting her for too long though...another good thing!). I just think it is so cool that these two gals who live on the opposite side of the country and whom I've never met I'm able to give something. It's just so interesting learning about everyone's journey and getting to know everyone. I go to a montly support group for the band, but here, reading about everyone's journey (or even just their day that has nothing to do with the band) has been so helpful and encouraging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thanks again so so much Alexis! My neighbor took those pictures of me and she thought it was the most amazing thing that we all swapped clothes in this lovely group of ours! I love the clothes so much! In fact those jeans fit me better than any I've worn in a long long time! Would've worn the jeans to work today but I have my first fill and am weighing in so opted for a light pair of capris. ;-)
Your so welcome! That's funny...whenever I go in to get a fill, I ALWAYS wear the lightest clothes possible! Ha! Good luck at your first fill :)
I've got to do this with my bigger clothes. I need to find the time to post pics of them. And yeah these blogs are amazing, I barely even get on lapbandtalk.com anymore b/c all these ladies are so awesome! And we all struggle the same! it's comforting!
Hi Alexis, I found your blog through Jennny after she told me about your idea and I just wanted to say that it is an awesome way to spread good cheer ! I decided to follow in your footsteps and continue to pay it forward as I become a bigger loser !!
THANKS !!!
Alexis--I have a question for ya :) What size are the clothes you are getting rid of? I have a ton of clothes that fit me right now but I am looking for clothes maybe a size smaller than what I currently wear. That way I can have something to wear during my transition period. If you have gotten rid of them already, that is TOTALLY fine...I just thought I would ask :) Thanks girlfriend!
Kristen -- I actually sent my last bags of clothes to goodwill yesterday :( They were all size 22 & 24 for the most part so I think they would be WAY too big for you :)
Girl, that is totally fine! The goodwill needs clothes way more than I do! I have a closet busting with clothes...although Im getting a little sad about having to get rid of them after losing weight. I have spent way too much money on clothes but Im putting myself on "clothes restriction" for right now. I wear size 20 right now...sometimes, occassionally size 22! But thanks for responding! Talk to you soon :)
Post a Comment