This week is going well for me so far. I went to the gym yesterday and had a really great workout. I did 35 minutes on the "weight loss" setting of the elliptical machine and then did 20 minutes of walking/running on the treadmill. When I started this journey I would have never even had the confidence to hardly walk into a gym (especially in Bellevue where I work and where my gym is....it's kind of a more prestique city with some snooty people). Well, yesterday I was up to running (at 6.0 MPH) for almost 3 minutes. Okay, to some that might sound like a long time but this is coming from someone who not even a few months ago could barely walk up the stairs in my house with out losing my breath. So I'm pretty darn proud of my 3 minutes right now and I know that it will just get even better. I definetly want to do a 5K around Thanksgiving time (we call them Turkey Trots here). I don't know if I would be able to run the entire thing, but I know I could if I really put my mind to it! I had at one time started the Couch to 5K program and I think I'm going to get back to that.
Anyways....just catching up on everyone's blog and with all the popularity of the vlogs I think I might need to do one soon. I just wish I had a fun southern accent like Kristen to show off to everyone! I don't think us up here in Seattle have one to show off!


7 comments:
Great pic!
I have mixed feelings about Biggest Loser. I feel like those people are being exploited in a way...and they are. Most of America is sitting back and saying "Oh, gross, look at those Man Boobs, what a mess!" I think it feeds into this increasing public hatred of fat people.
But, it is fun to watch, and I watched last night! All I could think was, they should give WLS as a prize to all of these people for suffering this humiliation.
wow you look awesome in this pic, your face is so thin!! 3 minutes @ 6 mph is awesome, I can't even imagine trying that! Great job!!
Alright, love the colors of the new blog layout but man... the white on baby blue was impossible to read :( I highlighted the whole thing and that was better. Perhaps a darker color text? Friendly suggestion! :)
Congrats on that 3 minutes! I totally get that! I do 1.5 min at 4.3/4.4 and I'm about to die so I GET THAT, lol! WTG!
BL - oh man Tracy.. not sure what that girl's on but she goes away for a week in the hospital and thinks she should run the game? no no no!!
I love the biggest loser but I'm going to do some research on the poeple who have put weight back on and see if I can find what the ratio is.
Doing 6mph for any amount of time is bragworthy. You forget your blogging to a bunch of overweight people? Not many of us are seasoned runners. I think you did fabulous and you're absolutely correct about it going up from here. Good luck!
Oh and your face is thinner in this pic then the one of you down at the bottom on the left. Lookin good!
Thanks for the suggestions on the blog background! That is weird since it comes up dark brown on mine with white text. I use firefox...are you using internet explorer? I'll have to look and see how it comes up on that when I get to work :)
I'm always kind of iffy about reality shows to because they can totally produce/cut them to make people look like they behave a certain way, etc, etc. But, the show does provide some inspiration for me. I know not to expect their type of weight loss in that amount of time, but I do remind myself that these people are putting themselves out there and doing it so why shouldn't I?
Anyways...off to work for me! I'll play around with the blog on various internet servers and see what ones look best!
My computer must not have completed the layout this morning, everything is back to normal today! I thought you had changed your layout to all baby blue with white text and my eyes were saying NOOOOO to that LOL. Sorry to be so confusing!
As usual, here in Oz, we are miles behind you guys in the Biggest Loser episodes... so I don't know whats happened on the latest - hope they bring it here soon.
Your blog shows white on brown here at this end.. but it starts off white on the blue then switches ever time lol strange but true.
Love that pic of you...you're just gorgeous!!
Post a Comment