Hello. Long time no talk once again. Thank you to those that still continue to follow me despite the fact that I only post maybe once every maybe 72.5 days. I 'm alive, doing well and honestly don't have much to report. I'll admit that I actually had about a good month of where I didn't even log on to blogger, but over the last couple of weeks I've been logged on and catching up with everyone. Jeff (semi) jokes that I shouldn't be allowed to go back to Chicago since I don't even blog any more. I guess he has a point. Kind of. :)
One thing that I am noticing is that there is a group of us who seem to be at the same place mentally. I don't know if it's just by coincidence or what, but the group that seems to be going through the same stuff all tended to be banded within the same 6-9 month period back in 2009 (me included). I'm in the same spot where I'm (very) happy with the progress I've made to date. I feel good, I feel like I'm looking good, I'm out enjoying and living life, but I'm starting to get kind of comfortable (or restless -- whichever way I want to look at it) in where I'm at and I just need to find that little extra push to get me going again. I'm only about 20 pounds away from the goal that I had set for myself before I even had surgery. 20 pounds. To some that's a lot, but to me since losing 115 pounds already, that's really not that much. I just can't seem to find that extra motivation to get going again. I KNOW that if I buckle down and get at it, those 20 pounds could come off fairly easily for me.
But, how do I get there? I've been in the 190's for the past 7 months. I teeter between the same 3 pounds (190-193). After a weekend long snowboarding trip I even got down to 188, but sadly that was short lived. I guess I don't need the answer on how do I get to my goal. I know what I need to do. It's the same thing that I did to get the first 115 pounds off. Watch the types of foods that I'm eating (cause frankly...as of late, I've been eating crap) and I need to get moving again. What I can't get my mind around right now is how do I get the motivation to get going again? Why is there this block?
Getting back into reading and commenting on people's posts has helped and I'm slowing coming around again. I'm hoping that little push I need comes soon.
Other than just being busy at work and enjoying life, not much else is going on. I posted back in December about how I went snowboarding for the first time. After spending about a week recovering from the pain and soreness that ensued said snowboarding experience, I kept at it and have now been 7 more times and I.LOVE.IT. I even got my own entire boarding set up for Christmas. I'm so glad I've found something active that I really enjoy and I'm fortunate enough to live in an area of the country where we have some amazing places to get outside any time of the year and do something fun.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day and here's to hoping this chocoholic can resist all the yummy goodies today (I've made it so far...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
You will find your mojo again, but know that you have done SOOO well and we are all so proud of you. Never give up...:)
I've missed you sweetie!
Good to see you back here! Don't give up -- you can do it!
We need to start a LOST MOJO support group!
Glad you're back and checking in, I've missed you!
My twin is back! Good to hear from you again :) After losing 115 pounds you know you can lose the last 20! You look great and have done good so far...you can do it! Missed you friend!
Yay! Missed you! The last 20 pounds are a killer: you look good, you feel good.....the motivation dwindles. That's how the blogging help me. Don't be hard on yourself, though. You have done GREAT!
The weight loss definately slows to a crawl as we get closer to goal and a normal weight. I've lost about 10 lbs. in the last three months. Some weeks are down .2 and it's never more than a pound a week these days.
Part of the issue, I'm sure, is that we get complacent. We hit a weight where we look at feel good. We wear normal sized clothes. People tell us we look great. The motivation just isn't there.
You know what to do and I'm confident you'll do it. Keep blogging though. It helps!
I miss you! But I totally understand where you are. I'm currently at a weight where I've spent the bulk of my life and it is SO hard to PUSH myself. Being where I am isn't uncomfortable but I also am not complacent. Its a weird place to be. Let's work through it together, ok? Let's chat more via PM!
Oh soul sister. I feel your pain. Still haven't found it but I'm looking! xoxo
So great to see a post from you. You totally have the right to go to BOOBS 2011 and hope to see you there. Maybe that will give you the motivation to lose the extra 20 lbs.
I have missed you!!
Post a Comment