I went with Karen (who's basically my sis-in-law). We were both newbies and decided to start the day by taking a lesson to get us started with the basics. We then spent the afternoon practicing on the (bunny) slopes on our own. I won't lie, it.was.hard. I fell a lot, said fuck probably a few more times that I probably needed to, but all in all it was such an amazing time and I can't wait to go again very soon :)
Also, on a un-related note. I kind of only semi-made my goal I set for myself for November (to blog at least once a week and to lose 3-5 pounds by Thanksgiving). I think I made it two weeks with blogging (sorry), but I did get my pesky pounds off. I officially made it down to 190.8 a few days before Thanksgiving getting me to 115 pounds down! I've fluctuated a few pounds here and there since then, but at the end of the week I always end up back down at 190.8. I'm ready to break into the 180's though and if I keep this snowboarind stuff up, it's gonna happen.
Here are some pics from our day today:
Karen & I on our the lift about to take our first run down the hill
Me dealing with the biggest POS bindings ever (snowboard gear has now made it's way onto my Christmas list) :)
About to take my first ride down the hill sans instructor (who was super cute BTW)
Taking a ride all alone
Having so much fun!
Quads were on FIRE at this point (need to get working on the wall sits)
Headed home after a long day
Also...here are some more pictures from happenings over the last month or so:
Kim & I at the Seattle Magazine Best of 2010 party
Ice Skating over Thanksgiving break
Kim, Karen, Kayla & Me (I'm the only non-K name out of our little group) :(
Kayla & I showing the boys up on our skates
Hope everyone is doing well and I promise to catch up soon. But, now....off to bed because this gal is tired from a long day of boarding ;)




6 comments:
<3 my plexi! and love hot snowboard instructors too!
First, major congrats on trying snowboarding! That is a goal of mine this winter as well! I'm optimistic! And you look so super cute in your snowboarding gear! :D Also, congrats on 115 lbs down, that's amazing! You look really good too! AND awesome that you went ice skating as well! Isn't it so fun to get out and do physical things/events/sports you would've felt so self conscious doing before??? I absolutely love it! And I'm glad you are having so much fun too!
So happy for you! I love this post! And 115 pounds???? Amazing, I had no idea it was that much!
BTW tell me again what makeup you use? I covet your perfect makeup!
You are adorable!
Great job with the loss and the snowboarding!
I learned to ski when I was very young- my husband wants me to go with him soooo bad. Here's the thing....I make excuses, constantly. I know it's because I am overweight. I cannot wait to be thinner with more energy, not stressing out about how I am going to find snow pants to fit me...yada, yada, yada. I want to be healthy and active! I cannot wait!
looks like alot of fun!
Post a Comment