BYOC is 5 little questions – some funny, some serious – that we answer to get to know each other better and it’s a free blog topic for Fridays when our blog brains are fried before the weekend! Feel free to join us! Post the questions and answers in your own blog!
1. Seeing that it’s (was) a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?
First off, I now know what my grandma meant when she knew exactly what she was doing when she heard about Pearl Harbor being attacked or what our parents & grandparents were doing when Kennedy was killed. I remember EXACTLY what I was doing when I found out about the WTC attacks.
I was in college at WSU in Pullman. It was a Tuesday so I didn't have my first class until after 11 that day so I was sleeping in. I remember that my roommate at the time came in and told me that Jeff was on the phone. I got up, still half asleep (it was about 9ish by that time) and he told me what was happening. At first it didn't click and I thought he was joking until I turned on the TV. I sat there stunned for the first half hour or so and then I called my grandma and just started crying. I felt so awful and felt so helpless being all the way across the county. I was in a daze all day that day and actually skipped all my classes just so I could watch everything unfold. Although I didn't have anyone that I personally lost that day, I still get sick to my stomach and my heart aches for the thousands and thousands of people that it did affect.
I had the opportunity to go to NYC for a college class trip spring break of 2002, about 6 months after 9/11. I felt so appreciative to be able to go to New York and be able to pay my respects in person to all of those that lost their lives that day. The devastation that the attack created was still so very apparent even 6 months after the fact.
2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)
I know some people view this as bad, but I would just want the entire day to myself. I always feel so good when I have time to do whatever it is that I want to do and not have to answer to anyone really. My day would look like this: wake up around 8 or 9, head to get a mani/pedi/massage, stop by the bookstore and pick up a new book, find some body of water and lay in the sun and read all.day.long. It would of course be perfect weather.
Alone time rejuvenates the soul and I recommend everyone take part when they get a chance :)
3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions.
How many blogs do you follow?About 150.
Do you read them all or just your faves? If they pop up in my Dashboard, I'm most likely reading them.
Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I do try to comment when I can because I know how much I love comments! If I'm reading at work and skimming through posts I try to make a mental note to go back and comment but do tend to forget sometimes.
Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? .Nope. People's blogs are just that. They are theirs. They have their opinions. In most cases I wouldn't have ever started following in the first place if I didn't really care what that person had to say.
Do you routinely unfollow and why? Nope.
4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.
I'm going to do Wednesday again and re-do the no sugar thang. Plus, getting my 64 ounces of water in.
5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?
Duh...Amy W's. Love her even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment