- As of Wednesday morning, I was down to 220.0 which was down 1 pound from the past Friday so there was some true movement on the scale.
- However, Wednesday was a horribly stressful day at work. At lunch time, attempted to eat a bit of banana and peanut butter and couldn't keep it down. My band was so tight. Mid-afternoon, I attempted again, same thing, it came back up. So, pretty much stuck to liquids the rest of Wednesday.
- Thursday (yesterday), Mr Monthly decided to drop by and this always makes my band a little finicky (aka tight) so again spent the majority of the day yesterday on liquids.
- Finally, although I"ve been doing mostly liquids (with a few soft foods thrown in) for the past two days, I really haven't gotten much water in thus I've been fairly dehydrated.
- I've been bad and haven't worked out in 3 days and think that my muscles are just resting and not dealing with "DOMS".
I've prepared myself today to get back on track with getting my water intake back up to at least the 64 ounces each day because I know how important this is. I'm also prepared to see the scale go up a little bit at first because of this. I'm just hoping it will go back down again and not get stuck like it's been!
On a positive note, here are a few things that I've been thinking about:
- I'm only 1.8 pounds away from losing 90 pounds. This is so amazing to me. I've never in my life even come close to losing that much.
- It's been 37 weeks since my pre-op diet (35 weeks since surgery) and I've lost 88.2 pounds for an average of 2.38 pounds per week.
- I'm down 4 pant sizes in just a little over 8 months.
- I'm signing up for my first 5K today (and going to be attemption to run/jog the entire thing) that will take place on March 14th (and plan to meet Jen for the first time there!).
- To be in onederland. Ideally, I'd like to be at 190-195 pounds by then. This would put me at a total of 110-115 pounds totally gone.
- I'd like to be 215 pounds by Valentine's Day. I'm 2.6 pounds away so I'll have to have another great week coming up!
- I would like to be able to accomplish running a 5K entirely without having to walk. Right now, I can barely go a mile of straight jogging so this would be a huge accomplishment!
Anyways, so that's what's been going on the past week and some of my upcoming goals. On an unrelated note cause I know that she reads this, I would like to send Ellen & Kyle my best thoughts and prayers today! Ellen is Jeff's cousin and she married Jeff's college roommate who now works with Jeff (get all that?). Anywho...Ellen went into labor today and we will soon welcome a new baby girl to the Swenson/Aronson family! Yay! The baby girl (still unnamed) is a bit early, but Ellen is in the best of care. So, just wanted to wish you guys a huge congratulations and we can't wait to meet her!
Also, on another note I just wanted to take the time to say "hi" to my mom and a little quiet prayer for her. As some of you know, my mom passed away a year ago tomorrow (Feb 6th, 2009). I like to think her and my grandma are looking down and helping take care of me (and reading my blog :)). I miss both of them tremendously and I didn't realize until recently how the 1 year anniversary of my mom's passing would affect me. Over the past couple of weeks it's been nagging at me and has really affected me emotionally. I'm sad that she is gone and doesn't get to experience all of the things that her life would still of had to offer her (a happy marriage (finally), grandchildren, weddings, vacations, etc), but am glad that she got to spend the last few years of her life with family that loved her tremendously. So, to my mom....we all miss you and love you and am so glad that you are somewhere safe with gramma and grandpa :)

4 comments:
Thanks for the shout out! Linnea and I are doing fine. She even took her last feeding out of a bottle. :)
Hope all is well with you. Glad Jeff is able to hold down the fort without Kyle. I guess Linnea and I will have to wait until next year to see the show.
-Ellen
Alexis sweetie I'llsay a prayer for you and for your mom, but you're right they are both looking down and beaming with joy at all that you've accomplished !!!
The egyptians have a saying that to speak the name of those that are departed will give them life for eternity ! So as long as you speak of her so fondly she will always live with you every single day !!!
Many XOXOXO !
Alexis- The last part about your mom and grandmother is very touching. I know your mom is so proud of you and she is looking down from heaven smiling from ear to ear because of all your weight loss success! You have done so well!! Girl 90 pounds!?! That is amazing! I hope I do as well as you when my 8 month bandiversary comes along! Miss talking to you! Have a good week!
Wow...you look grogeous!!! Congrats on the weightloss...just found your blog from Linda's
Post a Comment